JPMorgan Chase bank helpline nummber, JPMorgan Chase branch contact number, tollfree JPMorgan Chase bank, JPMorgan Chase bank helpline numbe, JPMorgan Chase Bank Contact Number,
The firm is built on the foundation of more than 1,200 predecessor institutions that have come together through the years to form today’s company. We trace our roots to 1799 in New York City, and our many well-known heritage firms include J.P. Morgan & Co., The Chase Manhattan Bank, Bank One, Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co., Chemical Bank, The First National Bank of Chicago, National Bank of Detroit, The Bear Stearns Companies Inc., Robert Fleming Holdings, Cazenove Group and the business acquired in the Washington Mutual transaction. Each of these firms, in its time, was closely tied to innovations in finance and the growth of the U.S. and global economies.
1799 The Manhattan Company is founded
The Manhattan Company, JPMorgan Chase’s earliest predecessor institution, is chartered by the New York State legislature to supply “pure and wholesome” drinking water to the city’s growing population. Among its founders are Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr.
A provision in the charter allows The Manhattan Company to use its surplus capital for banking operations. Within five months, The Bank of The Manhattan Company opens for business, becoming the second commercial bank in New York City after Hamilton’s Bank of New York. With his banking monopoly broken, Hamilton severs his association with the water company.
1804 The Hamilton – Burr duel
- Manhattan Company founder Aaron Burr challenges his personal and political adversary,
- Alexander Hamilton, to a duel. The two men meet at dawn on July 11th in Weehawken,
- New Jersey, across the Hudson River from New York City.
- Hamilton is mortally wounded and dies the next morning.
- The pistols selected by Hamilton for the duel were owned by his brother-in-law,
- John B. Church. In 1930 The Bank of The Manhattan Company purchases them from one of Church’s descendants.
For help as a customer or client:
- help with your Chase account
- For Chase customer complaints and feedback
- help with J.P. Morgan Securities wealth management accounts
- For questions on Asset Management, including Fund details
- general inquiries regarding JPMorgan Chase & Co. or other lines of business or call 212-270-6000
For shareholder and fixed income assistance, please contact
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
277 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10172-0003
Stock Trade Information
Stock Transfer Agent:
By regular mail:
P.O. Box 505000
Louisville, KY, 40233
By overnight delivery:
462 South 4th Street
Louisville, KY, 40202
800-758-4651 (toll free)